Monday, August 23, 2004

The NY Times, finally prints the kind of letter from a serviceman that one can find hundreds of on the internet. What a shame that these letters need to be printed in the Op-Ed column when this represents the real news. Perhaps the Times should put "Op-Ed" on it's front pages, and "International News" on some pages filled with letters like this one.

Over Najaf, Fighting for Des Moines

No, I would not sacrifice myself, my parents would not sacrifice me, and President Bush would not sacrifice a single marine or soldier simply for Falluja. Rather, that symbolic city is but one step toward a free and democratic Iraq, which is one step closer to a more safe and secure America.

I miss my family, my friends and my country, but right now there is nowhere else I'd rather be. I am a United States Marine.

No comments: