Thursday, June 03, 2004

You just had to wonder if Ray Bradbury was OK with Michael Moore using the title of the classic novel "Fahrenheit 451" for the title of his anti-Bush movie. It turns out he wasn't happy - simply because Moore is an "a**hole", not because of the politics involved.

Ray Bradbury rips Michael Moore

"Michael Moore is a screwed a--hole, that is what I think about that case," Bradbury said according to an English translation of the story. "He stole my title and changed the numbers without ever asking me for permission."

Continued the author: "[Moore] is a horrible human being – horrible human!"

When asked if he agrees with Moore's political positions, Bradbury replied, "That has nothing to do with it. He copied my title; that is what happened. That has nothing to do with my political opinions."

According to the Swedish daily, Bradbury said he had tried to discuss the issue with Moore several months ago, but that the director avoided him.


Now I'm not sure that there's a real issue here regarding the title of the movie. If the reporting is accurate though, it does show that Michael Moore is perhaps not a courteous man.

No comments: