Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Paul Krugman concerns himself today with John Ashcroft who has never put a criminal in jail and only lives to punish the innocent outside the bounds of our constitution. At least that's the feeling you get in Travesty of Justice.

One of the arguments he uses is that there has been an "absence of any major successful prosecutions" in the War on Terror. Blogger Michelle Malkin was able to come up with more than 20 names just based on news reports.

I also like the way Krugman uses the word "major". What is a "major prosecution"? Maybe he means exciting prosecution. Somehow I didn't think the Justice Department is going to make many arrests of terrorists while they have their fingers on a bomb trigger, or already sitting at the controls of a 737. Nor do I want them to wait until then.

Since I don't believe in jinxes, I will mention that it has been exactly 1,008 days since the last "major successful" terror attack on United States soil.

No comments: