Wednesday, June 09, 2004

If it's wrong for a non-Jewish person to tell jokes about Jews, but OK for a Jewish person to do the same, what are the rules for a convert?

Anyway, here is an audio link from National Public Radio with a brief commentary by black Jew (that's how he refers to himself) Aaron Freeman. It's called "Conspiracy Theory". The tag line is "commentator Aaron Freeman has a proposal for his fellow Jews".

Eevn though the commentary is meant to me comic and facetious, I don't find it funny to suggest that religious jews get drunk every Sabbath and that it's a good idea to invite non-Jews over to get them so drunk that they forget to criticize Jews about topics like Ariel Sharon and The Passion when they go to their country clubs and klan meetings.



I feel like making the same comment as I did about the anti-Israel protests below. What do I tell my children?

No comments: