Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Daniel Pearl II

Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

The video showed five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks, standing over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit -- similar to a prisoner's uniform -- who identified himself as Nick Berg, a U.S. contractor whose body was found on a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday.

``My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Susan,'' the man said on the video. ``I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia.''


No mention of whether he was Jewish, although it seems from his family info that he probably is. I would be shocked if this did not play some part in his death.

UPDATE: In their grief and Bush-hatred, the family blames the government for their son's decapitation.

Michael Berg lashed out at the U.S. military and Bush administration, saying his son might still be alive had he not been detained by U.S. officials in Iraq without being charged and without access to a lawyer.

Michael Berg described himself as fervently anti-war...

No comments: