Friday, September 29, 2006

When is it right to kill civilians in war? What does Jewish law and history dictate? What if saving civilians means risking your own life? Read Purity of Arms in The Jerusalem Post.

"What is written in the IDF code of ethics or what the rabbis say I should do is the last thing on my mind when in combat. The ideals instilled in me by my parents and the person I am today is what determines how I will react under pressure.

"Everything else is just a bunch of armchair moralizing."

**********

I have to say, I'm appalled by the treatment this story got over at Little Green Footballs. Apparently several passengers on a holidya layover in Europe demanded that a passenger with a beard show them the contents of his carry on luggage to prove he didn't have a bomb. LGF defends these arrogant SOBs. Regardless of what your stance is on racial profiling by security officials, no one has the right to demand that another passenger show them their personal items, even if they have a gun sticking out of their jacket pocket. If you don't like the looks of someone, get on another plane, don't play paranoid hero cop. Disgusting.

I understand that the comments section at LGF is full of hatred and stupidity, but until someone provides a more comprehensive log of global anti-Semitic, anti-Israel and pro-Islamist activities, that's going to be my source of information on the subject. Charles Johnson may provide snarky commentary, but there is nothing he writes that isn't linked to an actual news story, mostly taken from the mainstream media.
***********
Speaking of LGF, here's the type of article that they link to that I think it's important to be aware of. Remember, these are not terrorists, just working-class Muslims trying to live according to their faith, while politely (I imagine) refusing service to non-believers.


Got wine at the airport? It's harder to grab a cab

Buzek, the flight attendant, said she was refused service in March after she told a driver to be careful with her suitcase because it had wine in it. Other drivers in the taxi line passed the word, she said, and four more refused her service.

"What's going to be next? ... Do I have to cover my head?"

No Ms. Buzek, you'll just have to wait for a driver who is willing to except degenerate infidels like yourself.


No comments: