Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Wall Street Journal pointed out this bit of idiocy from Scott "Dilbert" Adam's blog.

My favorite story of the week is about Pope Benedict inadvertently insulting Islam in a speech. He quoted a Byzantine emperor who called Islam “evil and inhuman” but made it clear that it wasn’t his own opinion.

In response to being labeled evil and inhuman by a dead Byzantine emperor, a group of Muslims did what anyone would do in that situation: They firebombed two churches in the West Bank.

This is funny on so many levels that I hardly know where to start. But let me begin by saying WHAT THE HELL ARE CHURCHES DOING IN THE WEST BANK?????????

There wasn’t much detail in the article I read, but I’m assuming those churches were made of straw and had bulls eyes painted on the steeples. I don’t even think the Crocodile Hunter would have attended services in one of those churches. I can imagine the conversation today between the guy who recommended building churches in the epicenter of religious violence and the people who told him it was a bad idea. If he’s smart – probably for the first time – he’s blaming God. “He is testing us.”

Gee, churches in the place where Jesus was born? Who thought of that! Perhaps the more intriguing question would be why are there so many mosques in the West Bank and how did they get there?

No comments: