Thursday, September 07, 2006

I just got one of those personalized e-mails from Amazon telling me what they think I should buy based on my previous visits to their website. This one bothers me on a number of levels. What does it mean when people who are buying sentimental stories about a woman's Jewish rabbi grandfather are also interested in flag-burning anti-Israel/American protesters?






Amazon.com









Dear Amazon.com Customer,


We've noticed that customers who have purchased My Grandfathers Blessings : Stories of Strength, Refuge, and Belonging by Rachel Naomi Remen have also ordered My Name is Rachel Corrie by Rachel Corrie. For this reason, you might like to know that Rachel Corrie's My Name is Rachel Corrie is now available. You can order your copy for just $10.36 ($2.59 off the list price) by following the link below.









My Name is Rachel Corrie My Name is Rachel Corrie
Rachel Corrie













Price: $10.36
You Save: $2.59 (20%)







See below for an example of what cute Rachel above grew up to be, which is the reason the book was written, I'm sure - to show her passion for people.

No comments: