Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I've got one more week of vacation in 2006 than my wife does and I'm trying to think of what to do with it. I want to go to Israel, but she said she'd divorce me before she lets me go there alone (for safety reasons). So now I'm trying to think of maybe a way to volunteer for some sort of Jewish-related community service, or find someplace where I could study for a week. A quick search online brings up a lot of opportunities for post-graduate programs, but little for old farts like me.

I stumbled onto what looks like an interesting recipe for a yummy sounding Quinoa Salad which I'll prepare for break-the-fast after Yom Kippur.

I thought the first episode of NBC's new show, Heroes, was spectacular - aside from the scenes filmed in very fake New York alleyways. Between that and Studio 60, monday nights have become MustSeeTV. I agree with zarq that this week's episode was much better than the first.

Kazakhstan goes on an ad spending spree to counter the fact that Borat has come to symbolize their country.



Justice, justice, justice you shall pursue - Jewish settler jailed for killing Palestinians. Just remember, it's news because this type of killing is so rare, not because of the conviction.

Thank Heaven for 7-11! 7-Eleven dropping Citgo gas. Citgo is owned by Venezuela's state oil company which of course is managed by the terrorist's best friend in the Americas Hugo Chavez.

Gas has broken into the $1.90s about 5 minutes from my house. Closer by stations are around $2.08.

I hope I never stray so far from my middle-class roots that I can't enjoy an all-the-mass-produced-food-you-can-eat dinner at the Golden Corral like I did with the family last night. Yum.

No comments: