Thursday, March 03, 2005

I don't recall hearing much about "The Downfall", a movie about Hitler's final days in the bunker. Apparently it was up for Best Foreign Language Film. Sometimes living in the boonies (anywhere outside New York) really keeps you ignorant of the independent/foreign film market.

From the trailer it seems like it would be interesting to watch, although the guy playing Der Fuhrer sounds a bit whiny.

Although I would like to see this film, I would have to be in a really bad mood first. It's coming to my town next weekend, but doesn't seem like a great "date" film to see with the wife. Better put it on hold on Netflix.

On a related note, I finally got the Auschwitz DVD from PBS (produced by the BBC). I may not get to it soon, but I will comment when I do.

No comments: