Monday, December 27, 2004

I guess I don't need to read more blogs that I agree with, but as long as these are the facts and it's something I didn't know before, I feel compelled to keep reading.

Besides, Powerline was "blog of the year", right? They got this from the Army Times by way of Yahoo News.

Among active duty military, 63% approve of President Bush's handling of the war in Iraq. Two-thirds of combat vets think the war is worth fighting. A whopping 87% are satisfied with their jobs. And one of my favorites: "60% blame Congress for the shortage of body armor in the combat zone."

None of this is a surprise to those who have been paying attention. But if all you read is the mainstream media, wouldn't you be puzzled as to how all of these military personnel could be enthusiastic about a war in which nothing good ever happens?


Or you can just read the news the liberal way wherein if you interview two soldiers who say they are dissatisfied, it means that everyone else must be unhappy but are just afraid to show it. Or when a minority of the country votes for the Democratic presidential candidate it must mean that everyone else is ignorant or uneducated.

Reality-based my a**.

No comments: