Thursday, June 01, 2006

For  a few days now, I've been reading up on these violent protests in Iran, but I never really bothered to check if the MSM were really ignoring the story or not.  (You would think that any kind of upheaval in Iran where people die would be news).  Turns out the NY Times is indeed half-heartedly covering the story.  Apparently, some of the riots started when an Iranian newspaper published a cartoon or a cockroach speaking Azeri.  This pissed off parts of the Azeri community which apparently make up 25% of Iran's population.

Since the Times didn't publish an image of the offending cartoon, I figured I'd try to google the image.  I put in the words "Azeri" and "cockroach" in the search bar.  What was my result?

"Did you mean 'American cockroach'"?

Boy, somebody out there doesn't think much of us....

No comments: