Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A CNN reporter remembers the marines serving around Haditha as being unusually restrained and cool under fire.

A New Yorker essay on Oriana Fallaci.  Muslim hater or prophet? (Have to read this later)

Subway opens a kosher store in the JCC of Cleveland.

Look out for the spawn of Satan, coming to a maternity ward near you on 6/6/06.  Some moms are inducing early.  My second daughter was born by a scheduled C-section on September 19, 2003.  I almost wanted to have my wife do it on September 11 as a sign of re-birth and hope, but figured that it would really make a terrible birthday.  Turns out that she was born about 8:50AM right about the time of the attacks, so that was a good enough connection for me.

This "fake town" is a short bicycle ride from my house.  We go there (without the kids) for a movie or the occasional nice lunch/dinner.  It is indeed a Disnified version of urban America - great place to spend a few hours - very pricey stores - not necessarily where I'd want to live.  Maybe if I were single.

No comments: