Friday, June 23, 2006

I'll be happy when Drudge refreshes his page, as I would prefer not to read about a "teabagging" complaint during lunch.  Thank you very much.
My thoughts on the SWIFT financial transaction surveillance program can be found over at zarq's page.  I wrote, in part - There's a big difference between the public being interested in something and something being in the public interest which the newsmedia doesn't seem to understand.

Argentina vs Mexico at 3PM ET Saturday on ESPN.  Vamos Argentina!  The winner will play the winner of the day's earlier match, Germany v. Sweden.  If there is an Argentina v Germany match - oh my!

Yesterday, a Chase Bank branch near my home was robbed for the second time this year.  Not my bank, though.

I'm going to try to go to Stephen Pyles' restaurant tomorrow evening with the significant other.  He's supposed to be the hottest chef in town.  It's a splurge for us, but I'm having a little bit of a letdown after returning from our bed and breakfast getaway last weekend.  Next Sunday night I'm going to the Rangers-Astros game with my dad and daughter and I'll get my usual hot dog and peanuts in the upper deck.  It's nice to be able to live in both worlds.

Keeping on the food theme which I should post about more often, my stomach doesn't usually do well with wines, but I'm trying to find some that aren't so bad for me as I kind of like the snobby feel of drinking wine and a glass a day is supposed to be good for the heart anyway.  (I'm not too snobby though to keep a re-corked bottle in the fridge for a week which is way beyond how long a real oenophile would let his wine sit around).  In Central Market last night, i found this wine from Argentina - Postales del Fin del Mundo - "Postcards from the End of the World".  I don't care what it tastes like, but the label just took me away...I have found that I can deal with the Argentine Malbec pretty well, so technically, that's my favorite.

No comments: