Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm very excited 'cuz I won 2 floor seats for the local stop of the Faith Hill / Tim McGraw Soul II Soul tour on eBay. Only a 40% markup on the face price which I didn't think was too bad - barely over the triple digits per ticket. This will be our first country concert and the first arena concert of any kind for my wife.

Am I crazy to pay that much money to go to a 2-hour concert? Maybe. However, I give you these lyrics from one of Mr. McGraw's more popular tunes.

He said I was in my early forties
with a lot of life before me
when a moment came that stopped me on a dime
and I spent most of the next days
looking at the x-rays
Talking bout the options
and talking bout sweet time
I asked him when it sank in
that this might really be the real end
how's it hit you when you get that kinda news
man what'd you do

and he said
I went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fumanchu
and I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying.


No comments: