Wednesday, January 12, 2005

As much as I agree with all the criticism that's been heaped upon the United Nations in recent years, I will always have fond memories of what the organization used to represent. I can still remember the excitement of my first tour of the U.N. as a child 30 years ago.

That being said, I applaud the U.N. for the upcoming special session of the General Assembly.

General Assembly to mark 60th anniversary of liberation of Nazi death camps

I am in the middle of Dore Gold's book, Tower of Babble : How the United Nations Has Fueled Global Chaos. It's a pretty stunning indictment of how the UN's desire for peace at any price actually leads it to reward agressor nations and protect genocidal regimes. It seems that the UN only tries to stop agression once it's occurred as opposed to preventing aggression - and it doesn't even do a good job of that.

No comments: