Friday, September 17, 2004

I think this says a lot. I will let you, the reader, decide exactly what it says.

From the latest CBS/NYT poll - "ISSUE MOST LIKE TO HEAR CANDIDATES DISCUSS"

Terrorism - Kerry voters 1% , Bush voters 10%

Actually, I take that back. What's the point of having a blog if I don't write what I think?

Since statistically no one voting for Kerry thinks that the two candidates need to put terorrism at the top of their agenda, this means one of two things. Kerry supporters either are ignoring the problem completely, or don't believe there's a problem. The economy is the big issue for them. Which means that they believe that 5.4% (and steadily declining) unemployment rate, under 3% inflation, near record-low interest rates and record homeownership are problems that need to be fixed before we take care of anything else. Kerry voters even think this is more important than the war in Iraq. It really is like we're living in alternate universes.

No comments: