Saturday, September 25, 2004

For a few days a while ago, I linked to articles in the New York Times and created my own headlines based on what I thought was really being written about. I think I found the perfect opportunity to perfect my technique.

To Win in November, Bush Willing to Risk Loss of City to Nuclear Blast

By Nicholas Kristof, of course.

So for the last few days, I've been peering into mosques and down village wells, even under mullahs' couches. No luck so far, but I did find something almost as interesting.

I'm talking about the arrangement under which the U.S. cuts Pakistan some slack on nuclear proliferation, in exchange for President Pervez Musharraf's joining aggressively in the hunt for Osama - in the hope of catching him by Nov. 2.


File this next to "Bush conspiring with Saudis on oil prices".


No comments: