Friday, July 16, 2004

Martha Stewart might be able to set a badass Thanksgiving table, but she has got to get a better PR manager.  Here's some nuggets of wisdom from here first post-sentencing interview:
 
"I didn't go and cheat the little people. I just didn't do that. We're all little people." 
 
What's more offensive - the first sentence, or the last?
 
When asked how she would handle prison food, fellow inmates and strip searches, she said, "I could do it … I'm a really good camper. I can sleep on the ground.… If it is looming ahead of me, I'm going to have to face it, and take it and do it and get it over with. And there's many other people that have gone to prison. Look at Nelson Mandela." 
 
If this doesn't go directly into Esquire's annual Dubious Achievement awards issue in January, they shouldn't bother publishing it this year.

No comments: