Saturday, July 24, 2004

Just to prove that our domestic political situation is as well-known overseas as is our foreign policy, I present the following "talking photo" from La Nacion of Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Translation provided below).



BUSH: And...they criticize me, they criticize me, but thanks to my term, the economy has grown enormously...
REPORTER: What economy, Mr. Bush?
BUSH:  The economy of Michael Moore.....

I post this even though I wrote to the author, who is the principal political cartoonist in Argentina, after he drew Bush as a monkey. I suggested that whatever he thought, those kind of drawings don't advance his argument. He basically wrote back that Bush was evil and detailed the history of how he is tied to Hitler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think.... he'll be registered to vote in San Francisco at some point. :D