Monday, March 08, 2004

Apparently a new movie just opened in the U.K. that's sort of a combination of My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Bend It Like Beckham. It's called Suzie Gold, about a modern Jewish twentysomething that falls in love with a decidedly non-Jewish man.

I used to hate movies like this when I was younger because I was tortured in a household where talking to a non-Jewish girl meant death or worse - and the movies ALWAYS showed that mixed religion relationships always work because love rules over all, thereby negating the entire reason for my existence, as it was taught to me. Now that I'm successfully married (if I may say so myself) to a nice Jewish girl, I'm not as offended - but I do daydream about what experiences I passed up because the whole world wasn't open to me.

No comments: