Thursday, November 02, 2006

This is not a paid advertisement, but I have to say I'm loving the idea of the new Blockbuster Total Access deal where you can now swap your finished internet-rented movie for a free replacement at any physical store while you wait for your next movie to arrive in the mail.  I was on the simple plan for $9.99, so if I'm efficient I could probably see 20-25 movies a month.  It's almost free!

**********
Just to show I'm not a corporation-hugger, the wife and I had a miserable experience at Home Expo Design with regards to a potential kitchen remodeling.  The only positive thing I have to say is that I feel lucky they refunded our non-refundable deposit.

**********
Speaking of kitchen remodeling, my secretary and his partner are redoing their kitchen pretty much on their own and have I have a tentative acceptance for them to come over to dinner some time soon to tell us their home improvement war stories.  The funny thing is, I feel totally comfortable inviting an openly gay couple to my home for dinner (and when they were younger we visited my gay cousin and his partner), but I still don't want my children to get their knowledge about gay couples/families from school or TV and I wouldn't take them to the Gay Pride Parade.
I want us to be able to discuss the issue (if it ever even comes up) and do it myself at our own pace and having them get to know real people so that when they grow up it will be like "Oh, are they gay?  What's the big deal?".

I think I'll avoid the whole issue of their relationship and introduce them as mommy and daddy's friends though.  I mean I wouldn't invite our neighbors over and say "Girls, these are the Christians! They're different than us!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Star winter garden
We are for over 10 years active as certified enterprise successfully in the building of winter gardens. In the course of our activity we planned and established already more than 1500 winter gardens. With addresses in (master seat and manufacturing), in Hamburg, Hanover and Bremen are represented we Oldenburg-had in the most important restaurant regions of Northern Germany and offer there to our customers our comprehensive power spectrum.
http://www.stern-wintergarten.de

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Detailed information to our products as well as helpful Tipps and information for planning and establishment of cityfly take you please from the separately proven topics on this side.

http://www.cityfly.net

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I will add this link to our Resource centre website - you've done a great job.
VISIT MY SITE

http://www.wide-products.de