Sunday, November 12, 2006

My inner geek is really glad I got the HDTV set up last month. 

Live broadcasts from space next week should be visually stunning and historic, NASA said from Houston, because they'll be broadcast in high definition.

The two live high definition television broadcasts will feature Expedition 14 Commander Michael Lopez-Alegria on the International Space Station, NASA said in a news release. The broadcasts, scheduled for Nov. 15, will be carried by Discovery HD Theater and the Japanese broadcast network NHK.

It will be on at 8AM ET / 7AM CT.

**********
In the strip mall just behind my house, there's a haircut place that only seems to have African-Americans visit which always seems odd, because there aren't a lot of African-Americans in the neighboorhood (not withstanding my own neighbors a few doors down).  It turns out that, according to today's local paper, it caters to "black professional athletes" and includes former Dallas Cowboys Deion Sanders and Michael Irving among it's clients.  The article was actually about Emmit Smith and his success on "Dancing with the Stars" - maybe he's hanging out around here too!  Cool.

**********
I saw Adam Snadler's "Click" last night on DVD.  I was expecting a mildly amusing comedy, but it turned out to be both laugh out loud funny and incredibly depressing.  Sure, I knew that things were bound to go horribly wrong for the man who could all of a sudden control his life with a new univeral remote control, but I didn't realize it would be absolutely tragic.  Not only that, the whole theme that runs through the movie is that if you're a man who spends a lot of time at work to "provide for the family" (especially for ungrateful managers) you might as well kill yourself.  I would highly recommend this movie, but if you're someone who has a life like the one I described above, do yourself a favor and don't see it late at night right before you go to sleep.

I think I need to go back into therapy.

Can't wait for "The DaVinci Code" to come out on Tuesday.

No comments: