Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Congratulations to the Democrats who might just be taking both Houses of Congress. I hope there's no whining by Republicans in the too-close-to-call Senate races. I am proud of my country that so many people came out to vote.

Personally, I expect things could get worse for me and my family because we're part of the "rich" and my taxes will go up and I'm not sure why the people who want to kill us should be more worried today than yesterday, even if one admits that our adventures in Iraq totally misguided.

Expect President Bush to dust off that veto pen that he's practically never used - I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone discussing this at all. I am expecting that this will keep things pretty stable for the next two years. This will probably help the Democrats for 2008 - hey look, they didn't ruin the country! This will be even more true if Bush doesn't make some kind of change, like firing Rumsfeld. He should probably do that, just as a sign of goodwill towards the new congressional leaders.

Ken Mehlman is saying on FoxNews that NOW the Republicans have to focus on corruption. ALWAYS would have been better.

I expect interesting things from Keith Ellison, first Muslim in Congress and former member of the Nation of Islam.

Larry Sabato, who I see on the news practically predicted the exact amount of Republican losses in the house has a round-up and explanation of past mid-term results. Seems like the 2006 results are average in that there have been much smaller and larger turnovers historically since WWII.

I'm glad the abortion ban in South Dakota failed.

I think it will be much more fun blogging over the next two years as I "speak truth to power" :-)   My prediction - Rush Limbuagh's ratings will skyrocket.

No comments: