Friday, August 25, 2006

You know, after the black kids to the back of the bus incident I posted the other day, and this report of a small church not wanting to pray with any black people, I'm beginning to think we have a problem.  A good start in fixing it would be to have Spike Lee do a film blaming these people for racism instead of President Bush.

==========

I went out last night to the local "upscale" Wal-Mart to see what kind of kosher meat I could pick up for dinner.  I wasn't in the mood for the ground beef or turkey they had on display and I was about to walk away when I noticed a package of organic skinless chicken breasts from Aaron's Best.  I almost passed it by becuase the packaging was different than for their other products and I had never seen it before.  I'm sure I paid through the nose for it, but it was quite tasty.  I'm hoping the chicken I ate had a happier life than his neighbors in the refrigerator unit without the fancy new packaging.  There was an article on kosher organic meat in the Jewish Chrionicle of Pittsburgh recently.  I have to check and see if Whole Foods has the Wise brand here in Texas, but I doubt it.

==========

Gee, President Bush, you seem much taller nicer in real life!  The camera/media really does put 10 pounds an evil aura on you!

==========

Following up on my story on how a violent group stopped the Jewish community from protesting in front of the Iranian embassy in Buenos Aires, representatives of the Jewish community met with the Minister of the Interior to voice their concern and denounce the Quebracho organization.  More here.  The first English account of the event that I've seen can be found here.

==========

Tell me if I'm wrong here.  Now that Plan B will be made available to any woman who just likes to use men to satisfy their sexual needs and up their ho factor, will any woman ever be able to claim paternity rights?  If I was a still in the fly-by-night sex game (OK, so I never was), I would give every woman I slept with $10 for Plan B and tell them to get the hell out of my life.  Or slip it into their coffee the next morning.  Next!

Also, since any woman who is raped can take it (and I imagine any decent rape crisis center would have this stuff available for free), the whole "in the case of rape or incest" argument against a wholesale ban on abortions could fall apart.  You would still have "health of the mother" exception to deal with, but I'd like to think that's common sense even to rabid pro-lifers.

==========

The local mega-church is branching out - they've only got about 50 times more congregants than my synagogue which is probably the biggest in town.

No comments: