Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Alan Dershowitz on Human Rights Watch:

"Who will guard the guardians?" asked Roman satirist Juvenal. Now we must ask, who is watching Human Rights Watch, one of the world's best-financed and most influential human rights organizations? It turns out that they cook the books about facts, cheat on interviews, and put out pre-determined conclusions that are driven more by their ideology than by evidence.

These are serious accusations, and they are demonstrably true.

==========

Definitely not to be confused with are Jews supporting Kinky Friedman, I present KinkyJews.

==========

Browsing YouTube the other day I found a whole series of home videos of a huge, golf-ball-size-hailstorm that happened in Buenos Aires last month. So far, I've only had to drive through one hailstorm here in north Texas - the hail was not that large, but it was really scary stuff as I was stuck in traffic and couldn't pull over to find any cover.

==========

For those in North Texas having foundation problems with their homes - this is a good start to understanding the problem. A home inspector I trust has recommended me to Advanced Foundation Repair which is mentioned in the article.

==========

I want to welcome co-religionist Shawn Green to the New York Mets! I hope we get to shep lots of nachas from him. Luckily for Shawn, if the Mets make it to the playoffs he won't have problem. "Green made headlines two years ago when, while playing with the Dodgers, he chose to play in one of two games on the holy day of Yom Kippur. This season, Yom Kippur begins on the evening of Oct. 1, the regular-season finale in Washington, and will not intrude on the postseason."

==========

I don't know if I'd agree with this or not if I thought about it more, but when first read, it's a pretty need observation. From Ted Koppel:

The networks are experimenting with broadcasting their evening news on the Web. Your thoughts?

The single message that has survived throughout the millennia, and has as much impact today as it did at the time it was delivered, was allegedly carved into two stone tablets by the finger of God. Lousy medium, great message. I sometimes think we place so much value on the medium that we ignore the importance of the message. Media doesn’t survive. Messages do.

No comments: