Tuesday, August 22, 2006

From Overheard in New York.  Admit it, you would just smirk and shake your head at their stupidity if you heard it.

Hipster girl: What's up with all the Jews for Jesus stuff everywhere?
Hipster guy: I don't know. I think Jews just try to adopt whatever's mainstream and will make them money.

--A/C/E underpass, Times Square station

==========

Hey - you never know.  Plano to hire homeland director.

"It's one of those things where you hope that you really never have to do your job."

I need something like that.

==========

Canadian Jews are beginning to come around to realize that the Liberal Party ain't what it used to be. 

Many in the Jewish community are reassessing their Liberal party loyalty and looking upon the Conservatives under Stephen Harper with fresh eyes, writes Leslie Scrivener

"Harper made his pro-Israel views known quickly, issuing a statement the day after Israel sent its forces into Lebanon. Meanwhile, the Liberals' perspective remained unclear. Five days passed before interim Liberal leader Bill Graham said the government's position was a "grave error," one that threatened Canada's reputation as a peace broker and mediator."


==========

Anyone catch today's "die-in" by Jews Against Israel outside of Penn Station in NY?  OK, so that's not their real name, but might as well be.  I much prefer the views of the Orthodox community that think Israel now needs to change it's moral code used in war - "Our traditional sensibilities tell us that it is not right to risk the lives of our soldiers to minimize civilian deaths on the other side," he said.

==========

I have slightly over two weeks of vacation left to take in 2006, yet my wife who has a new teaching job will only have one week off from school around Christmas/New Year's.  Do I go somewhere without them for a week (maybe a photography seminar, volunteering in Israel...), or do I just sit at home and veg?  The funny thing is that my company has asked me to stop travelling for business which means that the 8 or so 2-3 days trips that I might otherwise have taken this year, I will not be taking.  So why do I feel guilty about being away from them just once.  What was my therapist's number again?

No comments: