Wednesday, August 16, 2006

*sigh*   Character actor Bruno Kirby dies of leukemia.  He was 57.



==========

Accused murderer/terrorist in Seattle pleads "not guilty".

Why do I call him a terrorist?  Not becuase I think he's part of any organized terror outfit, but becuase he is alleged to have committed the murder/attempted murder of civilians to bring light to a political cause.

Does he deserve the death penalty?  Even though I am not opposed to the death penaly, I'm pretty sure this guy is deranged and should not get it.  His lawyer's arguments that he is rational isn't going to help his case though.

"Haq is accused of opening fire at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle offices July 28. Police say he killed Pamela Waechter, director of the charity's annual fundraising campaign, and wounded five others as he ranted about Jewish people, the U.S. government and the Middle East."


I'm all for "innocent until proven guilty" and I don't like people to be hanged in the press before their trial (especially in a he said/she said situation), but come on now - is their any real doubt as to what happened?  "Police say"?!?

==========

Get it while you can at www.borowitzreport.com -FAA Bans People From Flights - 'Zero Tolerance for People,' Chertoff Says

In a move aimed at further tightening airport security, the Federal Aviation Administration announced today that it would ban all people from flights leaving or entering the United States, effective immediately.

The FAA, which has in the past banned such objects as toenail clippers and hair gel, took the extraordinary step of banning people after the Department of Homeland Security conducted a thorough investigation of previous terror plots.

"We looked at terror plots of the past, and in each and every case, people were involved," said Homeland Security Michael Chertoff at a Washington press briefing. "These new rules send the strong message that the FAA has zero tolerance for people."

==========

I was 15 when I went on my first trip to Israel in 1982.  israel had just invaded Lebanon and I remember getting speeches from the locals about how the Western media (Time Magazine was always mentioned) twisted their reporting, and especially their photogrpahic reporting to make things in beirut seem worse than they really were.  For example we were told that publications would print the same street corner from different angles to make it seem like entire neighborhoods were destroyed.

Powerline provides various links here to the excellent work done by Little Green Footballs to debunk the crap that's being fed to us by the major reporting services.  There have been some criticisms that are inaccurate, but by admitting the fraud perpetrated by Adnan Hajj, Reuters opened the floodgates.

===========

I just had about half a dozen people in my office going through my vacation photos from the Northwest  oohing and ahhing.  One person actually insisted that I sell her my night shot of downtown Seattle.  I love that.  I don't know why I don't do photogrpahy for a living.



OK, maybe it's the fact that  I have a family to support and it's not a stable income. *sigh again*

No comments: