Sunday, July 16, 2006

When I remember, I try to find out if the Space Shuttle will be de-orbiting anywhere near my neck of the woods (and no, not because of the tragic explosion over Texas).  Unfortunately it's coming in across Central America and over the Gulf of Mexico, so there'll be no chance to see it.  I did discover on the same page, awesome videos taken from cameras attached to the Solid Rocket Boosters.  Wow.

Via Instapundit - a scienific analysis of how you can get better mpg's out of your car, here's the layman's version from the government.  I can probably stand to cut 10mph or so off my typical speed.

I saw Adam Sandler's remake of "The Longest Yard" on DVD.  4 out of 10.  Some funny parts, extremely formulaic, pretty bad acting and casting.  Adam Sandler as a tough guy?  Almost, but not quite. 

On Firday night, I heard some guy call in to a talk radio program saying that if we thought that there was a war going on then, wait until Monday - Israel was just getting warmed up, definitely preparing for a ground invasion.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Two grand slams in one 11 run inning
.  Up 12 games in mid-July.  Best record in the National League.  Is this my Mets we're talking about?

No comments: