Saturday, July 29, 2006

Don't know if posting will be light over the next 10 days as the GBAM family goes on an old-fashioned, see-America road trip from San Jose up to Seattle.  I will make extra sure not to speak to anyone about politics.  Hell, I probably shouldn't bother when I'm not on vacation either. :-)

Hey, I like to shop in Whole Foods as much as anyone, but sometimes I think the women in the flowered sundresses and sandals can see right through me as someone who just likes the presentation and doesn't care so much about all the things that they probably care about.  That being said, I do have a conscience and the "paper or plastic" question always gets me.  Isn't paper killing trees and isn't plastic supporting the oil oligarchy?  And does my answer tip the cashier off to whether I'm an intruder in this liberal bastion int he red heart of a red state?  I thought I'd provide a few links on the subject..

Paper vs. Plastic Bags
(plastic wins)
Paper or Plastic Bags (unclear)
Q&A: Retail Carry Bags - Paper or Plastic? (both are bad, but pastic wins)

So...even though it feels wrong emotionally, I think I can ask for plastic with confidence.

In the fight against Hizbollah, things are not quite as they appear to be.  I was thinking this as well.

Video of a Hizbollah missile launcher taking cover in a civilian building and then being blown to smithereens by a missile.

I wonder if Lebanese civilians executed by Hizbollah as "spies" have wound up in our newspapers as photographic evidence of Israeli war crimes.

The Mets are still kicking ass and taking names.  Just thought I'd mention it.  Beltran, El Duque lead Mets in romp.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to: "Lebanese civilians executed by Hizbollah"
.- it's all these details that seem to interest no-one in world public - civilians are not civilians if they live in an approving state to Hezbollah - here in Germany also a lot of innocent children & women had to die, because they either believed the Nazi facism lies or did not leave them or just were on the false time on wrong place - about all German big cities were totally bombed in that time & it had to be done to stop the Nazi's - (me as German is grateful to those who stopped those Nazi fuckers in our country) & to stop Hezbollah who hide behind dependant civilians - it's them who do the harm..