Thursday, July 20, 2006

The evil Israel lobby has done it again!  The House passed a resolution, "condemning the recent attacks against the State of Israel, holding terrorists and their state-sponsors accountable for such attacks, supporting Israel's right to defend itself, and for other purposes."

This is a point that I hadn't really thought of - the House "demands the Government of Lebanon to do everything in its power to find and free the kidnapped Israeli soldiers being held in the territory of Lebanon".  I myself have bought into the argument that the Lebanese government are just a bunch of innocents with no responsibilites, caught up in the middle of a war that is not of their making.  When I thought of the situation in reverse, if the Minutemen (for example) were holding some Mexican army guys hostage, damn right we would be responsible for helping to find them and they're not elected memebers of the governement as Hizbollah members are.

Now for the Hall of Shame, those reps that voted against the resolution are the following - Democrats in italics.  Since I am part of The Lobby, I am obligated by our evil overlords to print them.

Abercrombie

Conyers - "Hezbollah...must be dismantled and disarmed...This conflict cannot be resolved militarily; only diplomacy can bring an end to the bloodshed." - His district is in the Detroit area.

Dingell -
He represents Dearborn, so no surprise there

Kilpatrick (MI) -
Same as Conyers and Dingell

McDermott -
I hope I don't have to go into this one.  I wonder why his buddy McKinney of Georgia didn't bother showing up.

Paul - He just doesn't like the U.S. being involved in the Middle East at all. I give him a pass.  Plus his name isn't in Italics.

Rahall -
He is of Lebanese descent.  "I was in Beirut 24 years ago almost to the day when Israel was bombing that country to rid it of the PLO when President Ronald Reagan had the courage and sense to personally call then Prime Minister Menachem Begin and say enough is enough."

Stark

Most of this team votes against anything related to the support of Israel, even disengagement from Gaza.

No comments: