Sunday, April 25, 2004

I've never seen anything that tells me that the work that MEMRI does is anything other than true and accurate. Here's the latest from Egypt's Al-Gumhouriyya. I really should be studying Arabic - you know, know thine enemy and stuff.

'The Zionist Jews are Behind All the Violent and Terror Operations that have Occurred Everywhere In the World'

I'm curious about the Torah's view on this. I think we're allowed to kill a false witness, but I wonder if it's sufficient that the person tries to bring others to want to kill. Those that might defend this person's right to an "opinion" have to realize that there is no freedom of opinion in Egypt. Therefore, it's not opinion, it's indoctrination. One day we are going to have to pay the bill (aside from the $2bn a year the U.S. gives to the publisher in foreign aid).

No comments: