Monday, December 08, 2003

One of the things that's great about college life is your exposure to different people, different ideas while at the same time going through the process of determining your own identity.

Since I went to U. of Penn, there has been a huge demographic shift towards South Asian students - many of whom I imagine are second generation Americans who have a lot to teach us about their cultures of origin. Having said that, I would have loved to have seen this performance at Penn's Winterfest:

Live music added to the festivities. Among the groups present was Atma, Penn's female South Asian a cappella group.

Atma performed several songs, including Vande Mataram and Alicia Keys' Gangsta Lovin'.


I don't know anything about Vande Mataram, but I would assume it may have been the first time it's been performed with Gangsta Lovin'. Actually, I don't know anything about Gangsta Lovin' either. I oughta go back to college.

No comments: