Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Let's assume that you're a Democrat and you believe that President Bush invaded Iraq to make his friends richer than they already are. I would say that makes Bush truly evil as he was willing to have thousands killed (and there were supposed to have been tens of thousands more) to make a few bucks - I don't believe that's true, bit it's a belief and neither side can be proven for sure. But would he really delay capturing Saddam to wait for the moment of greatest political gain? Representative Jim McDermott (D) - Washington thinks so.

McDermott in Hot Water for Saddam Quip

Now that's just silly. As I've mentioned before, if there's a point of lower importance on the election cycle than mid-December, I'm not sure where it would be. This is what they call Bush Hatred - non-sensical conspiracy talk. Sort of like Howard Dean suggesting that Bush having known about 9/11 in advance is an "interesting theory".

I swear to you that I do want a Democrat alternative to Bush - I don't like a lot of his cronies. But I don't feel like the candidates leading the polls have any grasp on reality. You know when the economy is chugging along next year, after Saddam is tried and Osama is executed, it ain't gonna matter much anyway.

No comments: