Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sigh.


**********
There are probably people in Guantanamo that have committed lesser offenses than this woman.  Yet she mocks our justice system (and a Clinton-appointed judge at that).  Any more questions as to why we don't want to give terorrists access to our courts?

**********
I saw "A Prairie Home Companion", the movie, the other day.  I'm not what you would call a huge fan of the radio show or of Garrison Keillor, but whenever I stumble across it, I just want to shut out the rest of the world and soak up that all-Amercian buttermilk buiscuit goodness.  It's such a weird experience to watch "G.K." do his thing on the screen instead of on the radio and match the voice with the face.  In any case, definitely worth seeing for fans of the show, although I thought the movie got progressively weaker and tired as it went along.

Keillor insults Texans during the film and recently caused a bit of a stir after speaking to a friendly audience in Dallas and then turning around and writing how stupid they were.  He's a strange man, but I guess that explains a lot.

Last night we watched "Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi" an Israeli coming of age film from a few years ago that I discovered while rummaging through the Foreign film section at Blackbuster.  We really enjoyed it - ah, young love!

**********
If you're not listening now, you probably won't listen then, but Sirius is having a free Howard Stern trial online on October 25-26.  I hadn't listened in a long time since I decided to put our Sirius receiver in the wife's car for long trips, but they finally made the his channels available online to subscribers.

**********
The usual sources are complaining that the British and the IOC will eventually be caving in to Muslim demands, but I think someone really f*cked up by scheduling the 2012 London Olympics during Ramadan.  They should change the dates.

**********
Best. Gift. Ever.  I found something on eBay that I've been dying to find for my wife for years - a DVD of a TV special showing Queen performing live in Argentina from 1981.  She's from there, and still thinks that Freddie Mercury was the best singer alive.  Plus the concert took place at the height of their popularity when she was still a teenager.  Now I just have to pray that it gets here OK, it's actually watchable, and she doesn't open the package by accident when it comes in the mail.

No comments: