Thursday, October 19, 2006

Lets Go Mets! The truth is, I'm so emotionally drained and physically tired, that I don't know if I can stand another week or so of baseball if the Mets make it to the World Series. I found this fantastic site with the results and comments on every post-season game the Mets have been in, from 1969 through last night. That led me to Mets By The Numbers, a site with the history of every uniform number and who's worn them.

I was listening to Curtis and Kuby on WABC-770 this morning, followed by the sports talk on WFAN. I just needed to listen to some strong New York accents this morning.

**********
We shoud re-elect Bill Clinton. Why? He would condone torture (yes, real torture) where appropriate and make people, especially women, feel good about it by smiling at them.

**********
Now, I'm even more confused about the Military Commissions Act - you know the one that officially makes the U.S. a dictatorship. According to a NY Times editorial today, the law "suspend(s) the fundamental principle of habeas corpus". However, the editorial also states that "the law does not apply to American citizens." That's not what many on the left have been telling us since the act was passed, so now I'm really confused. A few weeks ago I was sitting at a table full of liberals at a Shabbos kiddush at my synagogue and I felt terribly uncomfortable defending myself when one of the most well-respected members of the congregation (and a lawyer) assured us all that we could all be put away even as citizens - I figured he can't be wrong. The guy's wife is one of those angry feminist types of a certain age that wears a tallis, so I knew even double not to argue.

No comments: