Saturday, October 28, 2006

Just finished watching Steven Spielberg's Munich, which includes a brief opening commentary by the director.

I enjoyed the movie, probably a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10.  There can be no doubt that the movie goes a little out of the way to be even handed, but I think the focus is more on the notion that violence doesn't solve anything, and in fact only makes things worse - that and working undercover is a particularly dangerous and nerve-wracking career.

Personally, the entertainment value of the film far exceeded the pound-you-over-the head moral posturing, but I wouldn't want this movie to be the entry point for someone to learn about the Israeli-Palestinian issue.

********
I spent a little time with the 6 year-old teaching her how to ride a bike without training wheels.  It's amazing how tiring running up and down the block two times can be.  I can only let her go for one or two seconds at a time, but little by little she's getting the hang of it.  This also seems like a good time to mention that I am glad I live in a place that's 75-80 degrees at the end of October.

No comments: