Sunday, October 08, 2006

I decided to take the plunge and get an HDTV.  I can't really give an opinion on the quality of broadcast pictures yet as the DirecTV guys aren't coming to install the new satellite and HD receivers until Tuesday.  However, DVDs look pretty good - I wouldn't say "better", but maybe there's a better way to hook it up.  I did also hook up an old Bose speaker system that for the last four years I was too lazy to set up and it really makes huge difference in the small room, especialy with the surround sound speakers.  Overall, I'm glad I made the investment.

**********
If you haven't seen it already, you're probably not interested, but here's a link to video of the Texas Gubernatorial debate from Friday night.  Readers of this journal know who I'll probably vote for, but it really is a pretty sad group of candidates for such a large state.

**********
Jeb Bush gets chased into a closet by protesters.   People probably think this is really funny or really not.

PITTSBURGH -- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush took refuge in a subway station supply closet when he was greeted by protesters on his way to a campaign event for a Pennsylvania Republican senator.


**********
Watchng Eight Below now (what did people call multi-tasking before there was multi-tasking?)  I think it's actually pretty good.  The new TV (see above) and the Antarctic scenery don't hurt.

No comments: