Saturday, January 28, 2006

I received the following html e-mail from Amazon.com a couple of days ago...

"As someone who has purchased relationship-based comedies (ed. - chick flicks) and dramas on DVD, we thought you might like to know that Imagine Me & You, the new comedy starring Piper Perabo and Lena Headey, is now in theaters. An unconventional comedy about love's myriad forms and constant surprises, the movie is currently playing in select cities and is coming soon to a theater near you--and Amazon.com Movie Showtimes will have showtimes and locations in your area."



I wonder how many people this was sent to who might not have thought that they had an interest in lesbian love stories becuase they ordered Gone With the Wind or something like that. Is Brokeback Mountain next on "gbam's list"? Is there a way to change my preference to movies like Match Point with hot man on woman sex with Scarlett Johansson. Please?!?!?!

Then again, my parents went to see a sneak preview of the movie the other night and my mom sounded excited to see it. I really don't want to go there.... :-)

(As always when I post on this topic, please note that I am not commenting on my beliefs about GLBT rights or activities, just the general societal transformation or lack thereof.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you're logged on at amazon.com, if you get a recommendation you're going "huh?" about, click on the "Why was I recommended this" link, and if it's using something you're not enthusiastic about, there ought to be some way to indicate they should NOT use that to come up with future recommendations.