Friday, April 08, 2005

It's been a tough Friday so far and I really do want to go to shul tonight, which if you're conservative like me often becomes a tug of war between what you've been taught to do but not told to do. Anyway, I needed a good laugh. Thanks to The Professor for pointing it out.

From a collection of American-Jewish words:

MATZILATION - Smashing a piece of matzo to bits while trying to butter it.

MEINSTEIN - 'My son, the genius.'

FEELAWFUL - Indigestion from eating Israeli street food.

DISKVELLIFIED - To drop out of law school, med school or business school as seen through the eyes of parents, grandparents, and Uncle Sid. In extreme cases, simply choosing to major in art history, when Irv's son, David, is majoring in biology, is sufficient grounds for diskvellification.

OYVAYSMEAR - What one says when the cream cheese squeezes out of the bagel and falls on your clean pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!!! :)

Jon