Monday, April 18, 2005

"If anything is certain, it is that change is certain." - Philip Crosby



NBC breaks back into broadcasting NFL
Company pays $600 million for Sunday night games; ESPN gets MNF

The NFL’s “Monday Night Football,” a hallmark of television sports programming since the days of Howard Cosell, is leaving ABC after 35 years for ESPN starting with the 2006 season.


It's been about 7 years since the last major change in NFL broadcating, and my brain still thinks this way - Jets on NBC, Giants on CBS, AFC on NBC, NFC on CBS. How the hell am I supposed to handle Monday Night Football on a channel that I can't even tell you how to find on my DirecTV? I mean, MNF has been on one station since Bewitched, The Partridge Family and My Three Sons were still in primetime.

No comments: