Friday, November 14, 2003

I have to say I'm kind of glad that the head of the ADL's Interfaith Affairs is leaving. He's the one who's been responsible for all the fire and brimstone surrounding "The Passion", Mel Gibson's upcoming biography on the life of Jesus which some claim to be anti-Semitic.

I am always very uncomfortable when those "in the know" try to tell the public whether something is good or bad before a final product is completed. I also agree that Mr. Gibson got more publicity from the ADL's outrage than a full-page color add in the New York Times. I do believe this was an attempt at censorship which we should never stand for under any circumstances. How the ADL decided to take on one of America's most beloved male actors regarding material that couldn't be seen by the public at large is beyond my comprehension.

No comments: