Friday, September 19, 2003

The one thing I will admit about this blog is that I'll never have much time to think through and present my own opinions on anything. You'll have to figure that out by inference. My goal is really just to inform and maybe make you crack a smile even if I'm piggybacking off someone else's wit and good sense of humor.

I think the trends you'll see here are a love of Judaism (more about that later), generally conservative politics and a fascination with just about everything that I don't yet know, which is a whole heck of a lot.

You can tell though, when other people are serious about their blogs becuase they take the time out to coin new words and phrases. Here's a great example, regarding leftist post-Afghanistan philosophy :

"But we should have stopped there, and let the UN deploy its extra-strong Frown Beams
against the Iraqi ambassador..."

Who reading this post cannot imagine a Frown Beam from Hans Blix or Kofi Annan? Or Dick Gephardt for that matter? Frown Beam comes from James Lileks, who I will be proud to list as my first link on the right (no pun intended.)

If I have time, I'll post a Shabbos message a little later this afternoon - before sunset of course. This is the time of year for Jews when we're playing our own version of "Santa Claus is Coming To Town..." except instead of hearing jingle bells you hear a ram's horn (shofar) letting you know that if you were more naughty than nice, you've got some serious repenting to do - and warm cookies and milk aren't enough to buy off the big guy Upstairs.

No comments: