Saturday, October 22, 2005

On February 26, I linked to a story from the Washington Post about Iraqi soldiers who were being praised for helping out their American colleagues. One of the American soldeirs quoted was Spc Russell Nahvi.

A few days ago, Spc Nahvi was killed when his HMMWV was struck by enemy indirect fire during patrol operations. He was assigned to the 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

My condolences go out to his uncle (who posted a comment to my earlier entry) and his entire family. If any of them read this I want them to know that at least this blogger appreciates Russell's service and thinks the world that my children will inherit will be a better place for the actions of brave Americans like him.

God Bless You All.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Russell and I grew up together, first jobs, high school, college, everything. Appreciate the acknowledgement of his service.