Sunday, October 09, 2005

I really should do more blogging about personal things to liven things up here a bit - after all that`s what the best bloggers tend to do.

This evening I`m leaving Buenos Aires from the lovely Ezeiza airport. I`ve been here for a week with the wife and kids visiting my in-laws. Rosh Hashana was especially beautiful at Comunidad Bet-El. I`m usually Mister conservadox, but down here the Conservative (or Masorti) synagogues use choirs and organs. I have had very few experiences in my religious life as moving as when "Ufros aleinu succat shlomecha" is sung on Friday night with several hundred people singing in harmony along with the choir and organ. The way the song is sung it`s as if everyone is literally crying - begging for world peace.

In part we were also here for the inauguration of a library that we donated money to build out in a double classroom at the adjacent Jewish day school, Instituto Bet-El. I had to miss most of the ceremony since our two-year old wasn`t up to sitting through a 45 minute ceremony. The people behind us kept trying to shut her up so they could hear - I don`t think they knew or cared that we were the honorees!

Gotta run - I`ve got an 11 hour flight to NY to catch.

No comments: