Saturday, May 28, 2005

I usually catch this stuff when it happens in New York, but I'm about a week late. At least the police think they've caught the bad guys.

Two men charged with hate crimes in anti-Semitic graffiti incident

Two men were charged with hate crimes Friday for allegedly writing anti-Semitic slurs on cars parked near a synagogue in Queens, prosecutors said.

Anthony Larosa, 21, and James Connolly, 20, both of Queens, allegedly wrote slurs and drew swastikas with black markers on 18 cars and other surfaces near the Electchester Jewish Center in the Fresh Meadows section, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown's office said in a news release.


I don't know whether it's funny or sad that tonight I've posted a message on tolerance from Saudi Arabia while two young Italian and Irish-Americans (or so it seems by the names) are out defacing cars in a neighborhood of holocaust survivors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The swastikas thought my building and on the cars were horrible! I hope that this wont happen again! Thang g-d they were cought!. i just wish that they would get sentenced to a longer jail time than 4 years. Thats sooo little time For what they had done! My whole family got scarded about this and i hope that this will stop at wonce now that they are in jail!