Sunday, February 29, 2004

This was buried in a tiny paragraph on page A18 of my local newspaper. I thought we were involved in a war against these people? I guess becuase these victims aren't white or European, they don't deserve our attention.

Group Claims It Blew Up Philippines Ferry

MARIVELES, Philippines - The Muslim extremist group Abu Sayyaf claimed responsibility Sunday for a ferry explosion and fire that killed at least two people, though 180 more were missing, according to a radio report.

Of course I think it would have been a bit more helpful to say "Muslim Extremist Group" in the headline, but who am I to judge those poor, oppressed people. I mean don't they have the right to kill a couple of hundred or couple of thousand people every once in awhile to relieve the pressure they must feel having to live under the thumb of the U.S. and Israel.

No comments: