Saturday, February 21, 2004

Jews are upset with the utter ineptness and ridiculousness of Jewish groups claiming to represent them. And Mel Gibson is the squabble's benefactor. See the article at Jewsweek.

I absolutely agree - I am totally embarrassed by the actions of the Anti-Defamation League with regards to this movie. As I may have mentioned before I live only a few blocks from the "Dallas" multiplex mentioned in the article. In fact I just got a postcard invitation to join a local church in the mail with "Jesus Is Lord" stamped on the back. And people wonder why I want to send my daughter to a Jewish Day School when the evangelical Christian community is subtly pushing their religion on children like so many trench-coated strangers offering candy.

To get to my original point, that doesn't mean I think there's going to be a pogrom in my town - just more pamphlets and postcards in the mail which is annoying enough.

No comments: