Saturday, April 22, 2006

If Ben & Jerry's aren't worldly enough to be politically correct all the time, what chance do the rest of us have of avoiding offending someone, somewhere every time we open our mouths? Black & Tan ice cream, anyone? And no, it's not offensive for the reasons you probably think.

Ben & Jerry's apologizes over flavor flap

Are thirty year long baseball careers far behind?

Franco, at 47, becomes oldest player to hit home run as Mets win


OK, let's get this straight. The Republicans could "use" 9/11 for political purposes because a) they could blame he attacks on Democratic weakness in dealing with terrorism in the past and b) they effected a forceful response (regardless of it's appropriateness). The Democrats cannot use Katrina to the same effect because a) local Democrat politicians were at least equally to blame as Republican administration officials for the lack of preparedness and b) as wth other issues no one can prove that their response would have been significantly different.

I think the whole argument of not "using" tragic events in politics is asinine. The federal government exists solely to protect us from and prevent these kind of issues that go beyond the local ability to handle. If there were no large scale tragedies or threats, there would be no need for a federal governement. Maybe that's somwhat facetious, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Democrats Try to Use Katrina as G.O.P. Used 9/11


We don't go to many concerts, but now that I've stumbled across the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Soul2Soul tour, I will probably pay a ridiculous amount of money to a ticket agent to go see them. When I was living with my fiancee in Argentina in 1998, they're duet "It's Your Love" was popular - it was their first recording together after they were married. At the time my wife didn't speak English nearly as well as she does now, but she didn't need to for both of us to love this song.

Better than I was
More than I am
And all of this happened
By takin' your hand...

It's your love
It just does something to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough...


The President has declared the month of May 2006, "Jewish American Heritage Month". Who knew? Declared on "this twentieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand six...". Honestly, this stuff doesn't bother me, but I do consider it ironic.

Via zarq - Things You'd Like To See on a Postage Stamp.

No comments: