Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I've spent much of the last five plus years watching kids cartoons and programs as my little ones grow up. Dragontales, Dora the Explorer, Caillou, etc. The characters may differ in each program, but the message is always the same - love, caring, sharing, etc. Any "bad" charaters stop their evil ways by just the good guys telling them "no don't do that" or inviting them to their Super Silly Fiestas.

My five year old has recently found the Boomerang channel which plays all the cartoons from when I was growing up. Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny. The Claasics. You know, people (and animals) just beating the sh*t out of each other for 10 minutes straight. I just saw one "bad" character eat a grenade and have all his teeth fall out.

I'm not really sure which is worse for my kids, but I have been feminized enough by society to be uncomfortable watching the Boomerang stuff with them.

Well, at least it's not this - Barney as Tupac.

No comments: